Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho . . .
It's back to work I go. At the pharmacy. That's right. I'm a drug dealer.
No, seriously I love my job. I'm a Patient Care Associate (euphemism for "clerk"). I help people order their drugs, pay for their drugs, pick up their drugs, and even take their drugs (well, at least, one time I got a glass of water for someone . . . ).
Most days I pack my lunch to save on food expenses, but I found an old gift certificate from last Christmas for the cafe across the street from the DrugStore, and to my delight, it still had credit for a couple bucks. So I treated myself to a wonderous chicken salad sandwich this afternoon (plus, the scramble eggs that I made this morning wore me out enough to make packing a lunch quite impossible).
By the way . . . I've decided that gift certificates are the perfect marketing idea. First off, you get the money right away from the giver of the certificate. Then, it gives the receiver the incentive to visit a place that they might not have if not for the gift certificate. Think about it, how often does the receiver of the gift certificate actually use exactly the amount gifted to him? And whether he spends over the amount or under, the company benefits. Even if the person spends every penny, and only every penny, entitled to him by the certificate, the company still benefits because the person will very likely mention their purchase to at least someone . . . so we're talking about a win-win-win situation here. BUT, along with the profit of the company, we have the joy experienced by the giver and the gratitude experienced by the recipient; therefore I give Gift Certificates two enthusiastic thumbs up. :)
ANYway . . . As I was saying, I had a marvelous sandwich for lunch today.
The End.

<< Home