Thursday, June 21, 2007

The Flavor of Summer

I have decided that red raspberries are my without-a-doubt-favorite kind of berry in the whole wide world. I have to admit that home-grown strawberries pull a close second (and there is a difference between home grown and store-bought . . . When you pick them in the afternoon, when they've just turned a perfect red and they're warm off the stem. I'm convinced that you can even taste a *tiny* bit of the sun in them. Only a tiny bit though . . . even home-grown strawberries can't contain much of something as glorious as the sun . . .) ANYway, back to the raspberries :) It's kinda funny, I was on a walk with Mandi the other day, and we grabbed some mulberries off one of the trees on the way back, and she declared that mulberries were her favorite berries, and when I asked why, she stated that it was because they had the least flavor. Well, that's quite the opposite of why I like raspberries so much. Raspberries are my without-a-doubt favorite berry in the whole wide world because they're so stinkin' PACKED with flavor. I'm not even going to try to describe them for fear of sounding like a cheesy Juicy-Juice commercial . . . or something like that. I'll just say that I think that they're pretty-much amazing.

And if you don't agree with me, that's fine . . . More for me :)