The Pita Project
Tami had a meeting this morning, and Mandi and I don't quite feel comfortable walking to the bazaar on our own yet, so we decided that we would use the time to replenish Tami's supply of homemade pita bread, which has dwindled drastically since Mandi and I got here this past weekend *wink, wink.* So we took over the kitchen in Tami's little apartment in the dorm

We worked our way through the "hard part" of mixing the dough by the time Tami got back, and set it aside to rise "for approx. 3 hours" as directed while we went shopping . . . we came back, 7 hours later, to a monstrous mass of bread dough oozing its way out of the covered bowl . . . Ooops.

The pita ended up turning out half-alright---5 1/2 of the 10 puffed up into pockets like they were supposed to. (But even the pocket-less ones are pretty dang tasty, so Mandi and I still consider our project quite a success). Must have been Mandi's stellar tossing technique.

<< Home