Tuesday, December 11, 2007

You Think You Know, but You Have No Idea . . .

This past summer, the Wyldlife leadership decided that the kids we hang out with every week don't really know a whole lot about us individually . . . so we decided to take some time at Club every week for one of the leaders to tell a little sumpin' sumpin' about themself. We have come to call it "You think you know, but you have no idea . . ." (I guess there's a show called that, but I've never seen it). We come up with 20-or-so things about ourselves that the kids might find entertaining, and then see how many of them they can remember. I made my list several weeks ago, but found it while I was cleaning my room and thought y'all might enjoy it:

- My daddy calls me Doodle because I was born on the 4th of July.
- I was born on the island of Bahrain and have lived in 8 different houses since then.
- I do not believe that happy cows come from CA.
- I am a chemistry major.
- I have 10 toes and 10 fingers, but one of them is hopelessly crooked.
- I once visited 4 continents in one summer!
- I love to jumprope.
- My alarm clock is set to wake me up to "Joy" by the Newsboys.
- Once I chugged a carton of heavy cream in 8 minutes.
- I never sleep with socks on.
- I've only been ice-skating once in my life.
- I love to take pictures.
- I believe that there is no feeling like wearing a new pair of socks for the first time.
- I love to swing dance.
- I'm a yellow belt in Tae Kwon Do.
- I own a cheesehead.
- My favorite book of all time (besides the Bible, of course) is Ella Enchanted.
- I wear contacts.
- Once I was Santa Claus for Halloween.
- My favorite food is popcorn.

And I've never been to Boston in the fall.