Unrecognizedly-related facts
My wireless hadn't been picking up wireless internet signals for the past . . . oh, I don't know, half a year now, and so for the last 6 months I've been tethered to a wall whenever I've wanted to use the wonderful world-wide web. I'd actually been meaning to take my computer up to ITS at some point during the beginning of the school year, but had never quite figured out a good time to do so . . . but then I finally had the collision . . .
You know how you might know 2 different facts, and think about them more than just rarely, but may never quite realize that they could be related? Like when you know that you get really cold at night, and you know that there's an extra fleece blanket in your closet, but sometimes you don't put two-and-two together right away? (Let's just say I have a lot of experience with these . . . ) So here was my most recent pair of unrecognizedly-related facts:
1) I was in desperate need of some computer help
2) Mark, who lives right down the hall --don't worry, Mom, on the other side of the nightly-locked lobby -- is *incredible* when it comes to computers . . .
These two facts had been living simultaneously in my head for the past month and a half before they collided last night. We'll just say that it was definitely a "duh" moment . . .
Thanks for fixing my computer, Mark :)

<< Home