Monday, May 29, 2006

C is for Chillin'

Actually, "chillin' " is a kinda ironic term for relaxing outside on a day like today . . . VERY sunny and VERY hot. It's been so great to be home. I love school, but I've really missed being back on the farm and having people out all the time. Today, after the Memorial Day parade and service in town (by the way . . . hug a veteran the next time you see one), and following some hard-core cleaning around the house, Mandi and I went for a run and then jumped into the pool. The greatest part was having four different families--a total of 14 kids--stop by throughout the day to swim with us. So I got to play lifeguard all day, a task which I was thrilled to embrace :) . . . and to prove it, I have the most serious sun burn I've ever had in my life (but really, if you know me, that doesn't say much at all :P). Between playing endless games of Marco-Polo, eating dinners of grilled hamburgers and watermelon, and attacking the basketball court with sidewalk chalk, it's safe to say that it's good to be home.

P.S. You'll notice that there is no picture accompanying this post. Poor Nikie (my Nikon digital camera) has been MIA since the Mocktail Party in Olds, a few weeks before finals. If, by some very odd chance, anyone reading this has any clue of where she's been hiding as of late, feel free to pass it on :)