Sunday, February 19, 2006

The "Wyld" Life

If you haven't heard of YoungLife, it's a relational ministry that has been touching the lives of thousands of high-schoolers all over the country. The leaders go into the schools to hang out with kids throughout the week to establish relationships that reach beyond seeing each other just once every week or two. Last semester I finished training to be a leader for WyldLife, the middle-school branch of YoungLife, and I've fallen in love. I visit two different middle schools during the week to get to know the kids during their lunch time, and then we have "Club" every other Friday night for two hours. We play games, eat snacks, dance a lot, and then one of the leaders gives a talk about builiding a relationship with the Awesome God of the Universe!! I don't know if you can see it, but one of the games was a race to see what team could down a bottle of Sprite the fastest through a string of 8 or 9 straws. Posted by Picasa

We played name games and circle games which were all good fun, but it seems that middle-schoolers love nothing more than gettin' down and dirty . . . especially if it involves food! So we had four hungry volunteers go on an M&M hunt through a plateful of whipped cream. They were in search of 5 M&Ms, which proved to be very entertaining . . . since we only put 4 on each plate . . . hehehe . . .





Awww, look at those pretty, messy faces :) But no matter how much fun the games are, nothing beats RAFFLE TIME!


"Does anyone know what time it is?! RAFFLE TIME! Raffle, raffle, raffle, raffle, raffle, raffle, raffle . . ." Just try shouting it at the top of your lungs. It'll have a way of making you happy; I'm
sure of it ;)

Then Mike told us a story of how he managed to drive his dad's tractor through the ice on a lake one time and how we can learn from our mistakes.




We finished the night by taking all the girls back to campus with us and enjoying ice cream and a movie together. I have to say, I'm really enjoying living on the Wyld side ;)